Rigidized Metal River Fest Regatta
Saturday, June 16, 2018 – Check in begins at 10:00am at Launch Point | 11AM start
- $20/boat pre-registration ($25 day of event) for kayaks and canoes
- $30/boat pre-registration ($35 day of event) for ‘build your own’ boat*
- Kayak, canoe and paddle board launch: Harlem Rd. & Clinton St., or foot of Smith St.
- ‘Build Your Own’ (3 mile trail only) launch: Foot of Smith St.
- Both end at Dead Man’s Creek
Gather yer crew and assemble yer finest vessel for the Rigidized River Fest Regatta! There are 2 course options on the Buffalo River: a 3-mile and a 6-mile. If you build your own boat, you can only register in the 3 -mile course. If you bring your own kayak, canoe or paddleboard, you can choose either course. Note: PDF’s (personal flotation devices) are mandatory!
The 6-mile course will start at 10 a.m. sharp at the Harlem Road Fishing and Boat Access in West Seneca (off Harlem Road approx. 0.3 miles south of junction with Clinton Street, near I-90 Exit 53.)
The 3-mile course will start at 11 a.m. sharp at at Red Jacket River Front Park, 20 Smith St, Buffalo.
Both courses will end at the DEC Ohio Street Public Access Site at the junction of Ohio and South Streets.
An Awards Ceremony will take place at River Fest Park at 2:30 p.m. including live music, food and drink. There will be cash prizes for the Most Creative Vessel and Best-Built Vessel and the Most Creative Vessel also wins the coveted Wilkenson Cup!