Buffalo River Fest Park, located at 249 Ohio Street, Buffalo, NY, near Michigan Avenue.
There will be fun for the whole family! Events include the Rigidized Metals River Fest Regatta, a waterfront photo and memorabilia display, “I Got It” Bingo, food and refreshments, a kids area, vendors, historic walking tours, live entertainment, and more!!
Rigidized Metal River Fest Regatta
Saturday, June 26, 2019 – Check in begins at 10:00am at Launch Point | 11AM start
- $20/boat pre-registration ($25 day of event) for kayaks and canoes
- $30/boat pre-registration ($35 day of event) for ‘build your own’ boat*
* One fee per boat. All crew members are required to fill out the registration form. Be sure to include the boat’s name you will be sailing with for proper credit.
- Kayak, canoe and paddle board launch: Harlem Rd. & Clinton St., or foot of Smith St.
- ‘Build Your Own’ (3 mile trail only) launch: Foot of Smith St.
- Both end at Dead Man’s Creek
It’s that time of year again! Gather yer crew and assemble yer finest vessel for the Rigidized River Fest Regatta! There are 2 course options on the Buffalo River: a 3-mile and a 6-mile. If you build your own boat, you can only register in the 3 -mile course. If you bring your own kayak, canoe or paddleboard, you can choose either course. Note: PDF’s (personal flotation devices) are mandatory!
The 6-mile course will start at 10 a.m. sharp at the Harlem Road Fishing and Boat Access in West Seneca (off Harlem Road approx. 0.3 miles south of junction with Clinton Street, near I-90 Exit 53.)
The 3-mile course will start at 11 a.m. sharp at at Red Jacket River Front Park, 20 Smith St, Buffalo.
Both courses will end at the DEC Ohio Street Public Access Site at the junction of Ohio and South Streets.
An Awards Ceremony will take place at River Fest Park at 1:30 p.m. including live music, food and drink. There will be cash prizes for the Most Creative Vessel and Best-Built Vessel and the Most Creative Vessel also wins the coveted Wilkenson Cup!
For more information, please visit www.rigidizedregatta.com or call (716) 849-4780
Become a Sponsor of River Fest
Through the support of sponsors, the Valley Community Association sparked a renewal along the Ohio Street Corridor to the Buffalo River. It is with support of sponsors that the VCA created public access to the Buffalo River and built recreational opportunities in this neighborhood. Become part of the team and support the Buffalo’s renewal.
Be a Vendor
We are looking for artisans and crafters to sell their wares. We offer a 10×10 space. Vendors must supply their own tables, tents and electric.
- Find the 2019 vendor application here when they become available.