BUFFALO RIVER FEST SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 14, 15, 16
June 15 @ 11:00 am - 11:30 pm
Included in this year’s event will be:
The Rigidized River Fest Regatta
Come roll down the Buffalo River on Saturday, June 15th!! Participants can paddle their traditional canoe, kayak, or stand up paddle board or let their inner “First Mate” come out and create a homemade watercraft. In the “Build Your Own Boat” category there are no restrictions or limitations other than your imagination. Get ready to paddle as the 6 mile canoe’s and kayak’s start from Harlem/Clinton and the “float your boat’s” and 3 mile canoe and kayak’s will start from the Smith Street Pocket Park at the foot of Smith Street. Launch time for both sites is 10am for the 6 mile course and 11am for the 3 mile course. All vessels will end at the DEC Canoe Launch on Ohio Street. Participant check in will begin at 9am at each site. The entry fee is $30 per boat pre-sale ($35 the day of the event) for “Build Your Own” boats and $20 per boat presale ($25 the day of the event) for kayaks, canoes, and paddle boards. There will be awards for each category! There are cash prizes for both “Most Creative Vessel” and “Best Built Vessel” in the “Build Your Own Boat” category. The “Most Creative Vessel” also wins the coveted 14th Annual Wilkeson Cup! Shuttle service for participants will be available as well. For more information and applications call 716-849-4780, visit www.rigidizedregatta.com, or “like” Rigidized River Fest Regatta on Facebook!
AND SO MUCH MORE:
Waterfront Photo & Memorabilia Expo
– See pictures, artifacts, and memorabilia from the Buffalo Waterfront’s Glory Days including the Old First Ward, Valley, Times Beach, grain milling district, and more!!
Food and Refreshments
Make sure to come to Buffalo River Fest with an empty stomach and a big appetite!! We will have all your summer favorites and much more!! Cool down with an ice cold beer in the Beer Tent.
On Sunday, June 16th, the Tewksbury Lodge will be serving Father’s Day Brunch, with two seatings – 11am and 1pm. Reservations preferred but not needed. Call the Tewskbury Lodge for more information – 716-840-2866.
– Come ready to shop from local vendors who will be displaying their wares all weekend.
“I Got It Bingo”
– A Buffalo River Fest favorite, “I Got It Bingo” returns with great prizes and games running all night Friday, all day Saturday, and on Sunday.
– Bring the kids down on Saturday from 2pm-7pm for lots of fun including games, miniature golf, and a human powered sno-cone machine.
Historic Walking Tour
– Local historian Gene Overdorf will be conducting a walking tour of the Old First Ward on Saturday, June 15th at 3pm. The fee is $10 per person. Reservations are preferred and can be made by calling 716-553-8350.
InTomes.Com Fishing Derby
– Spend some quality time with Dad on Father’s Day at the InTomes.Com Fishing Derby! The fishing competition will take place from 11am till 1pm on Sunday, June 16th. Families with children under the age of 14 are welcome to compete for lots of prizes. Anyone 14 and over will need a fishing license to take part in the event. The event is free and registration will begin at 10am the day of the event.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
The 19th Annual Buffalo River Fest is sponsored by Rigidized Metals, Try-It Distributing, PVS Chemical, Intomes.com, OSC Charitable Foundation, First Niagara Foundation, Key Bank, Arcara Zucarelli Lenda, Elk Street Commerce Park, Overdorf Insurance, Young & Wright Architectural, and Grove Roofing Services.